Monday, December 13, 2004

scene 1:
droplets of tears descend in unison from the dimly lit heavens, playing a melancholic tune on my clear glass windows. sitting here, i gaze into the dark clouds that almost seem to emulate my inner thoughts. the cogs in my mind smoothly resume their work, processing my ever haunting thoughts of afterlife, how death would be bring a definite relief, how it would take me somewhere that would surely beat staying on in this 'world of hippies'. the heavens suddenly pour heavier, as if sympathizing with me. why live?

scene 2:
gleaming droplets of rain patter down on my clear-glass windows in melodious rhythm. dancing in the wind, the gentle rustle of the leaves delicately enhances the effect. as if on cue, the bathing birds start to sing. i close my eyes, savouring the gift of peace my dear Lord has bestowed upon me. i whisper a prayer of thanks as the ongoing orchestra enters the chorus. lifting my eyelids, i set my gaze upon the grey heavens. removing sight, i put on the glasses of faith and love the Lord gave me. beyond the gloomy clouds is the knowledge that someone up there cares for me. someone that has provided without fail. someone that will always be there. it is meaning that i find all over again.



if i never went for church camp, i would still be stuck in scene1. i'm so much of a better christian now. not too far back, i was just a chrisitian in name. only half believeing that there was a God or Jesus Christ. at camp, i discovered how wrong i was. a personal encounter was too much to not believe. too many coincidences to not believe. God withheld many answers from me for a long long time. i asked for so many things but none were answered. just after the first day of camp, everything was answered. just like it was promised. the following days just served to strengthen what God wanted to show me. and show me he did. a beautiful sight indeed.

personally, i thought camp was boring. but it was also the best 5 days of my life. i was wondering whether it gave me my best 5 days, or 5 of the best days i had. pondering over the other good days i ever had, i had to rate camp as the best 5.

now not only can i walk in the ways of the Lord, but i can also walk it willingly. being a good christian just became easier. living life around God is just so indescribable. just 2 days after camp and so things are looking so bright i'll be having to put on sunglasses soon. things that could never happen before or had died off just came running very much fast-ly to me. because i have an usher in God.

No comments: