Tuesday, December 21, 2004

the beeping of my handphone's stinging alarm mercilessly dragged me out of my hour-long slumber. ramming my right finger down on the 'stop' button, i collapsed within myself yet again. as ten minutes flew past, the second alarm i set an hour ago blared into action. gahhh. i know myself too well. more than reluctantly, i snaked out of bed lazily and packed my gear.

upon reaching the shady toilet hangout, familiar bodies were hunched over a table, seemingly lost in an obsession. the expressions were varied. from grimness to perplexity, from wonder to nothing at all. at last my presence was felt. i was beckoned over. following a distinct finger in the midst of the crowd, my attention was brought to the newspaper on the table. mine was of shock, and of wonder. no. not true.

shukutarkarash vertrayskyr gurmunush

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills from whence comes my help?My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber...
The Lord is your keeper;the Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The Lord hall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore." -Psalm 121 A Song Of Ascents

No comments: