Tuesday, July 18, 2006

deferment and ankle sprain

somewhere in early june
and thats a big somewhere
because i dunno when
i recieved a letter from the army
go online and tell us you're studying, it said
if u don, ITS THE END
in caps, no less.
ITS THE END

fast forward to today
i havent applied for deferment
which was due 26/6
so what is ITS THE END?
i have to go for army medical check up 2ml
and then shave botak and be part of the nation's defence force
though i may qualify as protector of earth
i dont really want to go NS just yet

i can hear it now...

kenneto is angry
becos he want to disrup
to study diproma in internasserner bakkalawlet
but cannor...

so what did i do about ITS THE END?
i had to call during recess
in essence the call was like
hi i do not want to be in the army yet
and so say we all
postpone the thing

in another separate incident
i was talking to chan chee wei

"so how did u do for your races?"
"uh. 2nd for 800"
"congratulations!..."
"thank you"
then like how an unexpected sentence stuns you unexpectantly
he continued his sentence that stunned me unexpectedly
"...at least you didnt sprain your ankle"

there i stood, hand half out-reached, stunned
memories of that fateful sprain flashed past me
i saw myself there again
crossing the line... raising my finger to heaven in jubilation
taking that infamous tumble as i did
and sprained thy ankle
before raising my finger to heaven again... in half jubilation

"err. i sprained it after i crossed the line"

awkward silence. dead silence. brooding silence.
lulling silence. thinking silence. whatever silence,
this silence of ours.

"err. within boundaries la. sprain after race not so bad"

i have been scarred
this picture, this motion picture no less
will be with me all my life
haunting me in my sleep
shadowing me in my wake
eating at me, slowly, silently
and until i sprain my ankles no longer
i will find no rest...
i will find no rest...
i will find no rest...
its the ends la.

No comments: