Wednesday, March 15, 2006

the friend's pledge

due to baseless yet popular response to march5's entry
here's a friend's pledge i got in my email
say four years ago

I pledge to be a great friend, and to be there when you are sad, to get you drunk and help plot revenge against the sorry bastard who crossed your path. To dislodge whatever is choking you when you are blue. To understand that you got laid when you smile. When something scares you, I will rag you about it every chance i get. To tell you horrible stories of how things could get worse and stop whinning when you are worried. To realise how stupid you are and use little words to explain when you are confused. When you fall, I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass. And when you are sick, stay away from me, I don't want what you have, but i will send you a belated get well soon card when you recover. This oath i pledge till the end. Because you are my friend.

No comments: