Tuesday, May 26, 2009

i love you

switch off that tv.
switch off that tv!
little clowns and little shades!
weeping moms, scheming maids
noble frowns and fancy braids
and yellow sunflowers,
that bumblebee!

fan me my brimstone!
fear me now you opaque mirror
rhyming words and further, further
round and round my gypsy skips
around dazed gnomes with elvish lips
mine, mine, all mine!

stage a play and call me now
call me home and call me kenneth
call on me and i shall know
i shall know that you haved called
calling, calling, I'm calling now
i have been called!
but i have to call
nothing but to call?
call me home and call me kenneth

what a stage i am upon!
where have all the actors gone?
beyond the stars, between the moon -
giggling, smirking, pointing.
I laugh and they echo back
or is that I that echoes back?
hear me now you cheery sticks!
hear my calling and my call
which do i heed and whom to do I yield?

perhaps i have seen!
that my call has led me to.
through darkness and through night
to bring them hope to bring them light
in my stardust i can see
but nothing, and nothing beyond me
deep in the depths red eyes peep
they chatter, they chatter
to disturb my sleep;
this sleep of mine
whatever sleep this is.

i cross my arms
but I lift my hands
see me now, see me now
for who i am.

a rubric's cube is in my hands.
the myriad shifts,
the spectrum goes.
here i have,
here i have!
a jigsaw, unlikely it may be
that came together!
unlikely they were like.
oh can't you see?

No comments: