Friday, March 14, 2008

9 weeks

9 weeks

This is my flair; this is my flight
In my horrid stare, beyond, a gruesome sight.
I see I saw, I fled in fright.
Tomorrow perhaps, I will still see light.

I'm meant to serve my tenure,
But I am doing time
Behind this mask, my phantom shines.
To dawn and dusk my sleeves unfold
Till long and last I build on gold.

Upon this rock I stand today.
That lighthouse upon the cliff
Perched in lofty haze.
Through the clouds my love shines through
To save me, from this wretched mess.

Across my chest this black metal thumps
In unison my heart beats,
Yet I run a slump.
I cannot trust my charge, regrettably so.
But then the saying, "you reap, you sow".

Still I remain in this prison trapped,
A tranquil, a peace, a peace i seek.
Calm my heart where from you hail,
For i trust no longer, the longer i fear.

No comments: