Monday, October 30, 2006

khingky barefoot

today i took sora out for a ride
since i havent talked abt sora since dunno when
i believe some of you dunno who sora is
sora's my bike
and yes my bike has a name

so anw i cycled from home to the zoo again
it took 15 mins but i wanted to cycle an hour
so i tot i would cycle for another 15mins then turning back homes
wah 1 hour cycling ah? quite tough right
i tot so oso. so i lowered the gears
then suddenly
...
...
...
(suspenseful silence)
...
...
..zzzz
zz....!
oh yes suddenly
the thingy that changes gears
suddenly came loose and kena the cogs
issit the deraileur? or is deraileur the change ring one
err anw the thingy that changes gears
suddenlys began to spin freely all over my bike
loci bike chain
the it got stuck and the chain slit its wires
basically the whole thing went crazy

so i stops under the flyover and tried to fix it for 40mins
my fingers got all black and sticky from the grease
but to no avail
i just didnt have the bike-tical knowledge to repair it
so i just locked it up

with my proneness to ankle injuries
and the instability of the cycling shoe
which resembles an inverse high heel shoe
i stripped my foot and with my helmet and shoes in hand,
i ran to the 138 bus stop

i had 2 $1 coins in my pocket
but as i ran and my foot rammed against the floor
albeit against a few painful stones,
the runner inside called out
it felt sooooo good
so i ran home
ok la got walk abit some places cannot run one
but it felt soooo good
until my foot started to hurt
so for the first time, i was quite happy to see the mandai crematorium

so much for today

today, i take a lesson from my sister's experience
as the saying goes
kiang tio ho, mai keh kiang
in case some of u tink thats latin or some cheem language
its hokkien
is meaning clever good enough liao, dun act clever

No comments: